DevToolsApp allows you to try different versions of Chrome Dev Tools including the latest from Chrome repository.
In this blog entry I talked about the DevToolsApp (available on Chrome Web Store).Now it works with the Chrome 36.x - your standard desktop browser. No need to download Chrome Canary.
To use it:
- Install DevToolsApp
- Download latest Chrome 36.x
- Launch Chrome with command line:
> chrome --remote-debugging-port=9222 --no-first-run
- Navigate to a page you want to debug
- Launch the DevToolsApp, select the version of the DevTools you want to debug with from the drop down and then run it by clicking on Run button next to the drop down.
- You will be shown the grid of pages available for debugging. Select the one you want to debug.