Saturday, May 17, 2014

UPDATE: Chome Devtools Network Panel export and import

In this blog entry I talked about an idea about exporting and importing raw network data from Chrome Devtools Network Panel. I have made quite a bit of progress implementing the idea. I am now able to export and import the raw data. I am also able to clone the Network Panel. The only bit that remains is to convert the raw data into network requests and load them into the cloned Network Panel.




I have filed the issue.

You can try out the implementation using my DevToolsApp (download from Chrome Web Store). Use the following URL for export/import raw network data capable Chrome Devtools:

https://sandipchitaleschromedevtoolsrnd.googlecode.com/git/Source/devtools/front_end/inspector.html

I have added this URL to the preconfigured URLs in DevToolsApp and the new (1.1) version of DevToolsApp should appear soon on the Chrome Web Store.

Feedback is welcome!

No comments: